For your convenience, many of the products we link too are affiliate links which means we may earn money if you purchase a product we recommend.
Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes Recipe
4 servings | measurement in grams is per serving
Per Serving | 650 calories | 50 fat | 22 protein | 7 carbs
- ⅓ cup whole milk ricotta cheese / 18g
- ½ cup cream cheese, room temperature / 30g
- 5 eggs / 49g
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream / 40g
- 1 large lemon (zested and juiced) / 40g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / .5g
- 1 dropper of stevia
- 1½ cups almond flour / 52g
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 6 tablespoon grass-fed butter – divided
Keto Lemon Glaze
- 3/4 cup powdered erythritol / 30g
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese (room temperature) / 15g
- 1 lemon (juiced) / 10g
- ½ cup of heavy cream / 40g
- Zest the lemon and juice it. Reserve half for the lemon glaze.
- In a blender, combine all the wet ingredients, plus 3 tablespoons of melted butter, and half of the lemon juice. Blend for a few seconds or until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the blender (leave out the poppy seeds and lemon zest) and blend until well combined. Add poppy seeds and lemon zest and stir until combined.
- Heat up a large griddle to medium heat. Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in a nonstick skillet. Using a quarter cup measuring cup, ladle the batter into the skillet and cook on each side until golden brown.
- For the lemon glaze; in a blender, combine the powdered erythritol, heavy cream, cream cheese, and lemon juice. Drizzle over pancakes and enjoy!
Are you ready to take that next step and go full keto? Get started on your journey with our 6 Week Keto Meal Plan.
John Shufeldt, MD, JD, MBA, FACEP is an emergency physician by avocation and entrepreneur at heart. He is an author, speaker, serial student, airline transport pilot and multidisciplinary entrepreneur, who has founded and operated several multi-million-dollar businesses.
Throughout all of his endeavors, John has maintained a relentless drive to help people rescript their future and reach their full potential.
His multifaceted experience as a physician, attorney, speaker and entrepreneur gives him rare insight into what makes a business succeed.
Over the years, John has come to realize that successful businesses don’t just happen. They succeed as a result of strong leadership, learning from failures and a well-executed business plan. An efficient organization is built on lean practices, proactive teams, a positive work environment and a solid foundation for continued growth.