For your convenience, many of the products we link too are affiliate links which means we may earn money if you purchase a product we recommend.
As we have stated before and will continue to state, a major part of being healthy is getting enough sleep. A good night’s rest cannot be replaced or overlooked. It is vital.
Take a look at all of these quotes on the importance of sleep. Some will make you laugh, but they will also make you think. If you are sleep deprived, let this be your wake up call (pun intended).
- “Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.” — Thomas Dekker
- “It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.” — John Steinbeck
- “Sleep is the best meditation.” — Dalai Lama
- “The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep.” — E. Joseph Cossman
- “Happiness consists of getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.” — Robert A. Heinlein
- “Sleep is the interest we have to pay on the capital which is called in at death; and the higher the rate of interest and the more regularly it is paid, the further the date of redemption is postponed.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
- “Don’t fight with the pillow, but lay down your head. And kick every worriment out of the bed.” — Edmund Vance Cooke
- “Sleep is an investment in the energy you need to be effective tomorrow.” — Tom Roth
- “Tired minds don’t plan well. Sleep first, plan later.” — Walter Reisch
- “By helping us keep the world in perspective, sleep gives us a chance to refocus on the essence of who we are. And in that place of connection, it is easier for the fears and concerns of the world to drop away.” — Ariana Huffington
Funny Quotes on Sleep:
- “I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?” — Ernest Hemingway
- “There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.” — Homer
- “Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.” — Anthony Burgess
- “Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds.” — JoJo Jensen
- “The amount of sleep required by the average person is five minutes more.” — Wilson Mizener
- “Never waste any time you can spend sleeping.” — Frank H. Knight
- “I don’t know why it should be, I am sure; but the sight of another man asleep in bed when I am up, maddens me.” — Jerome K. Jerome
If you are feeling inspired to change your sleep routine, check out our free downloadable on 7 Ways to Improve Your Sleep Hygiene.
Amy White, is an author, blogger and personal finance expert with a love of personal development and healthy living. Amy has over 20 years of entrepreneurial experience and loves anything related to building and developing long term business growth. You can follow Amy on her blog Daily Successful Living.